Thursday, January 26, 2012

Simple Life...What does it mean?

I don't know about you, but growing up whenever I would hear the word simple, it was a positive thing, something I looked forward to. A simple question, a simple answer, or even a simple math problem (there is no such thing once you pass 6th grade math). Even a simple life seemed appealing to me at times. Now that I am grown and I have a family of my own, there are days that seem everything but simple.

The word simple, by definition, means:

sim·ple 
adj. sim·plersim·plest
1. Having or composed of only one thing, element, or part, 2. Not involved or complicated; easy: 3. Being without additions or modifications; mere 4. Having little or no ornamentation; not embellished or adorned 5. Not elaborate, elegant, or luxurious.  6. Unassuming or unpretentious; not affected. 7. a. Having or manifesting little sense or intelligence. b. Uneducated; ignorant. c. Unworldly or unsophisticated. 

Out of the several definitions listed here my eyes are drawn to number 7a. What most people don't know is that Sophie's life, up to this point, has been anything BUT simple. Heck, even Shane's life for that matter. To simply put it, we lead a very un-simple life!

As you continue with me on this long, narrow, sometimes dark, and winding path, I can assure you that I will also share the beautiful, happy, and sometimes comical moments we encounter as a family. I do admit, we laugh everyday, even if it is to keep from crying!




No comments:

Post a Comment