Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Signs of Normalcy

Yes, you read correctly! Sophie had her follow up EEG on Friday. This was the first one since they started her on the steroids. It was a 2 hour EEG and then entire time, on and off, I was TELLING God that He needed to make her EEG better this time around. I told Him I couldn't take anymore of these meds or I was going to lose it.

Well, prayers answered. The doctor came in and told me that it was good news and then she showed me Sophie's EEG from July and then this one and it was like night and day. I almost started crying, I was overcome with joy and relief.

Not only was it better, I was told that they even saw signs of normalcy and that was better than expected. We have now began the step down process for her steroids and it is going well. Sophie is still not happy and I was cautioned  that she may not be for about another month. Small improvements every day make it easier to handle.

Sophie also has thursh. One more reason to not like the steroids. Doc. Nuga gave her nystatin. The day I  gave it to her she kind of choked on it and then was horse and wheezy. I just thought a possible cold. Dan asked me to take her in because he was afraid of something worse. So, I did. Once we got there, waited 2 hours, we were seen and then rushed, by ambulance to Toledo Children's. I guess Soph just missed the nurses there. They rushed her in because her O2 level was in the 80's and her heart rate was 160. NOT a  s good combination. We were admitted and they determined it was a "virus"! Right, ok. What they really meant to say was that they didn't know what was really wrong with her. Chest xrays were perfect, heart was good, and there wasn't anything in her throat showing something worse than her thrush. We were sent home on breathing treatments every 4 hours!

We are home. Sophie is cranky and still horse. She sees doc Nuga Friday so hopefully have answers. Sophie is scheduled for August 23rd for heart surgery and here is to believing that nothing gets in the way!

Oh, and I apologize for the spelling error on my last post. I am particular about that but I missed it. Don't be shocked if I missed in this one too, my computer is acting funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment