Monday, August 27, 2012

Room 1517; Our Temporary Home

Good Morning! As I am typing this it is raining outside. It is dark and grey, sort of like how I am feeling inside this morning.

As you know from FB posts, Sophie wasn't doing too well with eating after her surgery. When I thought it was getting better, it wasn't.

Sophie is now at Toledo Children's Hospital, room 1517, because she is dehydrated. The doctor told us that her electrolytes showed sever dehydration. They currently have her on an IV and she can only have clear fluids until later this afternoon, early evening. Then we will see if she will take her formula.

I am at work this morning, just where I want to be...NOT, but we have a family to provide for and this job is what pays our bills, along with Dan's. My grandmother is with Sophie right now and then when Dan wakes up, around 1, he will head up there to be with her until I can get there this evening. I will stay the night again, and then leave from there for work. This will be our temporary home until Sophie decides to eat and her diarrhea subsides.

Yesterday they took stool samples from Sophie. They were testing her for C.diff infection. Sophie's visitors as well as nursers, and myself, had to wear gloves and gowns to even touch her. I am sure it wasn't comforting to Sophie not to even feel her mama's touch! Luckily, the test results came back negative so we don't have to "suit up" anymore.

I just called the hospital and they are working on getting Sophie to eat. She is definitely peeing now so they turned her fluids down. Let's hope and pray that helps her want to eat.

Thanks for all the prayers and concern and love for Sophie and the rest of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment