Monday, February 24, 2014

Be Bold

Eyes are closed, I'm standing, swaying back and forth to the music that is slowly coming to an end. The praise team leads in to another song of worship. My hearts starts beating faster, I can feel the tears start to dampen my cheek bones and make their way down my face until they form a perfectly little drop that rolls off of my jaw line. I begin to sing along.

The splendor of a King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice

He wraps himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice
Trembles at His voice

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the end
Beginning and the end

The Godhead Three in One
Father Spirit Son
The Lion and the Lamb
The Lion and the Lamb

Name above all names
Worthy of our praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God



 I don't know about you but when I walk in to church and see that we will be partaking in communion I instantly know that we are going to have a good service. A good service usually entails that we are going to be in the presence of God. Being in the presence of God isn't something that is extremely comfortable at all times. Comforting, yes. Comfortable, not always. So as I am worshiping all I can do is sing and let the tears fall. I couldn't do anything else. 

Next we go in to a time of prayer. The room was surrounded with people who were ready to pray for you, for whatever you needed. As I sit down in my seat, I am silent. All of a sudden, it is revealed to me that I need to increase my faith in Him. I am more aware at that moment than any other time that I am much more demanding in my prayers when it comes to praying for other people than I am when I am praying for something I need, or my family needs. My heart starts to race, my breathing gets heavy and I start to sob. How is it that I can believe God is going to heal others, give them the desiers of their hearts that I pray for, but not my daughter? That is what it boiled down to. I was unable to move, I was just stopped, taking up permanent residence in my seat. As my friend Renee took my daughter up to be prayed for, I still couldn't move. I knew they were praying for healing over her heart and for that I am thankful.

I left church  yesterday knowing that I have some work to do. If I can believe for others then I need to start believing for myself. Not just saying I believe it, but really believing it. I have seen miracles happen, I have heard testimony of sickness being removed from lives without explanation from doctors. I know God heals. But why it so hard for me to know that same truth when it comes to my prayers for Sophie? 

There is my heart, out on a platter for you. I am asking for you to pray for me. That I may feel the Lord working on my heart. That I too, will pray just as boldly for my daughter's healing as I do for other people.

1 comment:

  1. Sophie is a miracle..... Every single day! She does things they said she would NEVER do... she is a teacher... to all of us... she teaches us how to love and how to just be.... I have never learned to love like Sophie does nor have I ever learned to just be... be happy in the moment, be content with what I have or believe I deserve more... I just know that you are a very very lucky Mommy and Sophie is a very lucky little girl to have a Mommy like you.... She loves, she learns and she thrives because of you!

    ReplyDelete