Thursday, September 6, 2012

October 4th

October 4th is the date for Sophie's open heart surgery. It will be performed at U of M by Dr. Hirsch. I hear she is really good, let's hope and pray she is. Sophie will be in the hospital for 7-10 days and she will have a 4-6 week recovery time before she is back to normal.

My emotions:

Out of control
Terrified
Highly emotional
sick to my stomach
Head is throbbing
Can't stop crying
Worried

Other things going on:
Buying a house, closing on the 9th or before! Great timing huh!
Football for Shane
NO vacation time left because I have used it for Sophie's medical appointments/surgeries/hospital stays.

Ways to pray:
Sophie comes out of surgery doing well with no complications before, during, or after the surgery.
Sophie's recovery to be better than they expect.
Pray for all Doctors, Nurses, anesthesiologists, that will come in contact with Sophie.
That our finances are met with the lack of work that will be going on for both Dan and I for a few weeks.
That Shane will deal with his emotions through this as well. I know he is terrified as well.
Comfort for all of us.
Safe travels for those that will be heading to and from the hospital.
Closing on the house goes through without hiccups.

That's all I have for now. Love you!





1 comment:

  1. Praying for all of the above, I truly believe with all of my heart that your needs will all be met and Sophie will come out wayyyyy better than expected. She is one tough cookie...

    ReplyDelete